Friday, October 28, 2011

Recently in the Library...

This past week has been a blast.  Some happenings have been:
1.  Attempting to teach my 6th grade class how to write a bibliography...in MLA format, which is a bit heavy and challenging to teach them, since the majority have never heard of a citation before.  That is what their teacher wants though.  Oh and we also tackled plagiarism...which lead to some amusingly innocent, 6th grader interpretations ("What if I write something original and find out that it just happens to be the EXACT same words the words in a book?"  "What if I use the word 'the' and the word 'the' has been published before?" etc.).

2. Testing.  We are piloting a sort of info lit standardized test/assessment.  I have turned my study rooms into a test center of sorts and been a librarian/proctor this week.  Isn't it funny how librarians are always librarians/somethingelse? 

3.  Reading.  Daughter of Smoke and Bone is finally finished.  My thoughts are on good reads.  Next up will be The Death Cure (the final installment of the Maze Runner trilogy).  Also listening to The Help, which is excellent as an audio book.

4. Book Pushing.  We've had a lot of readers in the library these days and I am particularly proud to have some excited new readers in the library asking me for recommendations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment