Thursday, September 1, 2011

Information Literacy Awareness Month

After a little excitement this morning (scorpion in the library--OMG!), I got to work and saw that October is Information Literacy Awareness month so OF COURSE, I jumped right on that wagon and got very excited while brainstorming ideas of events/activities to celebrate. I'm thinking of making information literacy challenges or contests, one per week, that will either utilize some information literacy skills. So far, I want to go a Google Earth Challenge, an information scavenger hunt (using books in the library, online resources and regular old internet) and maybe some video projects. I also thought that it would be cool to offer one shot workshops, either at lunch or after school, to teach skills that will help you win the challenges. Now I just have to come up with a really great prize and a few more activities... What are you doing (if anything) for Information Literacy Awareness Month (whew, that's a mouthful!).

No comments:

Post a Comment